Monday, June 15, 2009

Finally!

It's been a while since I last posted. You can probably guess why. Yep, I was still stuck in a downswing. Welp, I finally broke out of it. Weeks and weeks of constant coolers and suckouts and moving down to 100NL are finally over (I hope).

And when I'm in a downswing, I have no desire to blog about poker. But a couple things have happened that make me feel a lot better about my poker play. The first thing may seem like another bad beat, but it turned out good in the end. Last weekend, we had a bunch of people at our house for my daughter's baptism. When people come over, I lock the screen on my computer so that no kids can mess with my PC. But this time I turned off my monitor. When the party was over, the monitor never turned back on. Apparently the backlight went kaput.

Thankfully it is a Samsung monitor, and they have awesome customer service and a nice warranty. I called them up, and they said they would be sending me a new monitor in 7 to 14 business days. Cool! Well, I couldn't go that long without playing poker, so I went to the store and got a new monitor to "try out" while I waited for the new one to arrive in the mail. I ended up getting another Samsung, this time a 24" that can do 1920x1200 resolution. It's really nice.

Just a few days later, the new monitor came in the mail, so I decided to hook up this one too, and try out dual monitors for a while. Well, let me tell you, I can't believe I went this long without 2 monitors before. I usually play 6 tables at a time, and I would have to shrink down the table size and have some overlap. Now with the 2 monitors (one at 1920x1200, and the other at 1600x1200), I can have 8 full size tables with zero overlap. Plus, the action is so much easier to follow. I think I'm gonna keep the new monitor, heh.

As you can see from the June graph below, the results show that 2 monitors is what I need ( at around hand 4500).



The 2nd thing that I think I've done the last week or so, is that I've got a little bit better handle on my tilt. But maybe that has to do with me winning right now, and not seeing constant suckouts the last couple days. Who knows, lol.

*******************************

A big congrats to jjok for taking down the BBT4 Tournament of Champions. That's pretty awesome, and I can't think of a better person that I could have passed on the BBT crown to. Good job dude!

Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM , Blogger jjok said...

ty sir....!!!

and well done on the turnaround.....which will mean more posts???

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi man...I would like to invite you to take a look at poker staking if you want to be staked or stake somebody at any live events or some big buy-in tournaments. This staking community has already some top notch members like Tony G and Erik Seidel. Don't forget that the WCOOP has already been announced. Take a look at the sticky post on my site www.sharkandfishpoker.com for more info

Best Regards

 
At 6:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Blogger,

I have a business offer for you please contact me at Amy.evens@topspot-promotions.com.

Thanks and Regards,
Amy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home