Friday, April 03, 2009

March Results

Whoa! Two posts in one week! What's going on?

First I want to give a big congrats to jjok for taking down the Mookie on Wednesday night. If you read my last post, I told JJ I would win Riverchasers Monday night and dedicate the win to him. I ended up going out in 3rd, so he had to go show me how it's done in the Mookie. Now that is how you do it! Impressive!

So the last couple of days of March couldn't have gone any better. I was wallowing away in break even land, and then BOOM, I go on a heater. Tuesday night I sat down and played for a little over an hour and won $900 to bring my total for the month to just over $1,500. Check out this awesome graph:


I even ran above EV for once. My biggest suckout was the following hand. This guy was a LAG who's 3-bet percentage was around 9-10%. That is really high, so I decided to 4-bet. My call is definitely marginal, but I'm not gonna 4-bet/fold AQ.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

stormjr23 (MP): $246.70
sabxxx (CO): $200.00
kwantum (BTN): $400.00
mayor_bee (SB): $205.75
Kamdini (BB): $406.35
Hero (UTG): $230.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with Ad Qs

Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, kwantum raises to $24, 2 folds, Hero raises to $52, kwantum requests TIME, kwantum raises to $400 all in, Hero calls $178 all in

Flop: ($463.00) 9d Tc Jc

Turn: ($463.00) 6h

River: ($463.00) Ks

Final Pot: $463.00

kwantum shows Qc Qh (a straight, King high)
Hero shows Ad Qs (a straight, Ace high)
Hero wins $460.00

The other big pots were standard spots. AA beats AK all-in PF. I flop a set of twos and win a stack versus someone who turned two pair. And then this hand, where I take an unconventional line. Villain is pretty aggressive, but had a high fold to 3-bet percentage. So I didn't want to blow him off of a worst hand. I usually don't donk bet, but this time it worked out perfectly.

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

tuckandroll2 (CO): $96.65
union164 (BTN): $89.95
PBlad (SB): $51.80
Hero (BB): $200.00
hugo69003 (UTG): $266.60
TsirhCitna (MP): $249.35

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with Qh Qd
1 fold, TsirhCitna raises to $7, 3 folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($15.00) 6h 3s Qs (2 players)
Hero bets $12, TsirhCitna calls $12

Turn: ($39.00) 9d (2 players)
Hero bets $32, TsirhCitna requests TIME, TsirhCitna raises to $230.35 all in, Hero calls $149 all in

River: ($401.00) 5c (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $401.00

Hero shows Qh Qd (three of a kind, Queens)
TsirhCitna shows Ks Js (King Queen high)

Hero wins $398.00

************************************
Here's a random observation for you. I only have to drive 5 minutes to get to and from work. On my way, I pass by a small, little, fenced in dog park. It's basically just a triangular field with a fence around it, 1 or 2 trees, and a garbage can. There are always tons of people there. And it is safe to say that there are more people here playing with their dogs, than there are with their children at all of the parks around here combined. How sad is that?

During my lunch break today, we brought the kids to a park to play. No one else was there. On my way back to work, the dog park had 10+ people there.
WTF?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:07 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

We had Silver Lake Park all to ourselves this morning. We must be bad parents. The park behind our house, however, is always hoping.

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

hoping = hopping...

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Hey-
I'm just learning how to use Poker Tracker; I see that your graph is extracted from there. Can you tell me how you view whether you ran above / below EV? I would love to view that report for my own performance evaluation.

Thanks!

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger spritpot said...

I can't say I fault the villain's play with KsJs too much. A lot of players will donk/fold QJ/QT/A6 in your spot (don't know your game enough to know whether you would or not). Whenever I know players are donking with either the nuts or a weakish hand, I don't mind raising and getting stacked by the occasional set because it's so much more often that they will have a weaker hand and fold. If they are also calling down with their weaker hands, then I will adjust.

-bruechips

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger PokerFool said...

Hey Brue! Big fan of your blog. I used to never donk bet, but I am starting to do it more.

Meister, I use HEM. It is far superior.

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger Dee said...

Nice work! Good end to the month for sure...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home