Friday, January 30, 2009

Wow, Two+ Weeks Since I've Posted

Not sure why though. I've been a lot busier at work, so that probably has something to do with it. Or else I'm just being lazy. Hmm, I wonder which one it is?

Not too much to report poker related since my last post. My month has been super swingy. I was up, then I was way down, and now I'm back to even. I played quite a few hands of PLO last week, but I started to run bad. Then I moved back to 100NL, and tried to play 8-9 tables and ran like crap there too. I told myself that I was going to stay at 100NL until I won 10 buy-ins, but the first day of doing that sucked, so I said "screw it" and went back to 200NL. Since then I have done pretty good.

I played in the Mookie and other tournaments on Wednesday, and only cashed in one. I went out in 47th place in the $26 $28,000 guaranteed when my QQ couldn't beat AQ all-in PF for a top 10 chip stack.

********************************

My son, who is 3 years old, has three favorites things. The Cars movie and his Cars toys, Wall-E, and Kings of Leon.

I've been listening to the latest Kings of Leon album (which is really good), and my son is really getting into them too. His favorite song is track #1 titled "Closer". He calls it the "Rrrr Rrrr Rrrr" song. He is constantly asking me to play him the "Rrrr Rrrr Rrrr" song. At first, I didn't understand what he was asking for, but if you have heard the song, you know what I am talking about.

I also learned that song #2 is also one of his favorites when he started to sing it the other day. During the chorus, he'll sing right along with the words, "You better learn to crawl, you better learn to crawl, before I walk away, before I walk away".

I'll have to get a video of him listening and singing to King of Leon and put up here. It is really funny.

*************************

I've also been looking into upgrading my desktop. It is over 2.5 years old, and is starting to get a little slow. I've always had good luck with Dell, so I am leaning towards a XPS 630. I can get a refurbished one for around $800. I figure it will be a good investment and will improve my poker game (plus I can get the new Call of Duty game!)

I can't quite decide as to what video card I should get. The ATI Radeon 4850 or the Nvidia 9800 GT.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger jjok said...

need a new desktop too......keep me posted....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home