Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Still Winning a Little

I had a couple of good sessions again yesterday and this morning. I played another set of SNGs (a $50, and two $25), but only cashed in one of them for a small loss, but my cash game went very well, as I won a few buy-ins. Here are a couple interesting hands from the last day or so, all at Tribeca 100NL 6 max:

Tribeca No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed)

HERO ($96.50)
MP ($111.25)
Button ($107.50)
SB ($129.75)
BB ($88.20)

Preflop: HERO is UTG with Ad, 9d.
HERO calls $1, 2 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB checks.

Flop: ($3.00) 8c, 7d, Td(3 players)
SB bets $3, BB calls $3, HERO raises to $9, SB calls $6, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($30.00) 5d (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, HERO bets $15, SB calls $15, BB Calls $15.

River: ($75.00) 9c (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, HERO bets $71.50 and is All-in, SB calls $71.50, BB Folds.

Final Pot: $218.00

HERO shows Ad, 9d (Flush, Ace High)
SB Mucks
Outcome: HERO wins $218.00

- I usually don't limp in UTG, but there hadn't been much raising PF here, and the BB was from Ireland, and a total fish. The flop is a dream flop, giving me the nut flush draw to go along with a open ended straight draw. I raised to 3x the amount of the SB raise so I could start to build a pot. The turn was obviously a great card, and they both called my half pot bet. The river was another great card, giving a straight to anyone holding a six or a Jack. I pushed all-in, which was just under pot because I knew at least one of them would call. Too bad Tribeca doesn't show mucked hands in the hand history, because I would love to see what the SB had.

**********************

Tribeca No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed)

UTG ($100.00)
MP ($178.16)
HERO ($99.50)
Button ($51.50)
SB ($132.13)
BB ($80.98)

Preflop: HERO is CO with As, Kd.
2 folds, HERO Bets $5, 1 fold, SB calls $4.50, 1 fold.

Flop: ($11.00) Js, 9s, 8s(2 players)
SB bets $127.13 and is All-in, HERO calls $94.50 and is All-in.

HERO shows As, Kd
SB shows Qd, Td

Turn: ($200.00) Ks (2 players)

River: ($200.00) 5d (2 players)

Final Pot: $200.00

HERO shows As, Kd (Flush, Ace High)
SB shows Qd, Td (Straight)
Outcome: HERO wins $200.00

- I usually just raise to 4x BB, but I decided to go 5x because the SB had been calling everything. They had a VP$IP of over 80% in the 20 or so hands on them. I wanted to start building a pot right away for when I hit. SB was a total fish.

I really like that flop obviously. I was surprised though that the SB pushed all-in. I figured they had at least a straight draw, to go along with either a high spade or a pair.

A few hands earlier this player pushed me off of pocket Jacks. I raised PF with Jacks and the flop was all unders with two hearts. I bet 3/4 pot, and two people called along with this fish. The turn was an offsuit Ace, and they pushed all-in and I folded. I figured they had Ace-rag of hearts for a flush draw on the flop and hit their ace on the turn. The other person called with a straight draw and this fish showed 73o for middle pair and took it down with a pair of 7's.

So I called with my nut flush draw and over cards, figuring I was already ahead, or had quite a few outs. I was surprised to see they turned over the nut straight. I hit my flush and dragged a nice pot. A suckout? Sure, but I had a minimum of 9 outs twice.

*******************************

- Here is a fun hand where the villain got really pissed at me and started swearing in the chat afterwards.

Tribeca No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed)

UTG ($63.15)
CO ($23.67)
HERO ($94.50)
SB ($119.81)
BB ($48.00)

Preflop: HERO is Button with 9d, 7c.
2 folds, HERO raises to $4, SB calls $3.50, 1 fold.

Flop: ($9.00) 9c, 7h, Ac(2 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $6, SB calls $6.

Turn: ($21.00) 6d (2 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $14, SB calls $14.

River: ($49.00) 4s (2 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $30, SB calls $30.

Final Pot: $106.00

HERO shows 9d, 7c (Two Pair, Nines and Sevens)
SB Mucks
Outcome: HERO wins $106.00

- This guy got pissed. He was like "How can you play 97o, etc....". Well duh, it's folded to me on the button, I steal the blinds whenever I can, and that flop was perfect. Maybe try raising once in while dude. He probably had AQ or AJ. I would think AK would for sure re-raise somewhere. He played it pretty bad. If he re-raised PF I fold. If he re-raises on the flop or turn, I will probably push, so it makes it easier for him to get away from his hand.

That's it for now on the poker front. I am having a lot more fun playing poker the last couple days. I suppose that happens when you are winning.

--------------------------------------

Last nights House episode was really good. Are you watching this show? If not, then you better start watching!! (Too bad the next episode isn't for another 3 weeks because of some show called American Singer Person or something like that). I really liked how they wrapped up the Tritter story line. And he had some really good, funny lines last night. Check it out if you can.

I don't think there is anything on tonight that we watch. Lost doesn't start up for another month or so. I have the movie Munich recorded on DVR from HBO, so I might watch that. I heard it was pretty good, but it is quite long, clocking in at just under 3 hours. Ooof, that's pretty long for a non-Lord of the Rings movie.

On another TV note, aren't the People's Choice Awards a joke? Come on! Robin Williams as funniest Male Star? "Click" as funniest movie!?!?! Where the hell is Borat and Sacha Baron Cohen? Female Star and Leading Man for movies was Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn for "The Breakup"?!?!? Did anyone see this movie? It was horrible. Cameron Diaz as Leading Lady? Has she been in any movies lately? Who gets to choose the nominees for this turdfest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home