Friday, April 21, 2006

Sit-N-Go's!

I won a couple more SNGs this morning over at Party Poker. I've been running especially good at them the last couple weeks. While I fully admit to getting lucky sometimes, I think I am playing some pretty good poker and making a lot of +EV plays. Especially on the bubble. Aggression is the key when you are on the bubble. Most other players at the levels I play at are just happy to make the money, so they will not play a hand unless it is a monster. So the person who shows a lot of aggression can steal a lot of blinds.

Over at the twoplustwo.com website in the SNG forum, a poster got a whole bunch of the SNG "experts" (including ZeeJustin) to go through a $20+2 Speed SNG at Party Poker Hand History that he had played and made comments and give suggestions. Most of the stuff that they said is pretty basic and the "experts" do disagree on a number of things. The most important thing I got from this commentary is to be more aggressive.

If you play SNGs, you should go check it out.

http://www.madhotpoker.com/replayer/index.html?indynew.txt

So, In the last 11 days, I have played 17 SNGs. I am in the money on 13 of them (76.5%), and my ROI is 140% for a profit of $550.50!

Party $20+2: 1st
Stars $15+1: 1st
Stars $25+2: 3rd
Party $20+2: 3rd
Party $20+2: 5th
Stars $25+2: 4th (From Chip Leader to out in 4th with 4 people left. Lost with AJ vs 33. Ace on Flop, 3 on river. Lost A8 vs AJ, and lost A7 vs A4 vs T9. T9 rivered a straight to knock me out)
Stars $15+1: 1st
Party $20+2: 2nd
Stars $15+1: 1st
Stars $25+2: 3rd
Party $30+3: 3rd
Party $20+2: 1st
Party $20+2: 3rd
Stars $16+1: 4th (Lost A2 vs K9)
Stars $25+2:4th (Lost JJ vs JQ)
Party $30+3: 1st
Party $20+2: 1st

I am actually a little reluctant to post results here, cause I think I'll just jinx myself. I just have to remember to stay aggressive and try and get my money in with the best of it.

On the bonus front, I am almost done with The Party Poker Bonus. Just 300 more raked hands or so. I still haven't decided where to go to next. There are actually quite a lot of sites I want to play at (FullTilt, Doyles, Pacific) that I have never played at. Plus, I want to get back into BoDog. I haven't played there since they did the ugly software upgrade, but I heard they fixed it, so multi-tabling is better again now.

Good Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home