Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Final Table

Believe it or not, I've actually played some poker in the last week. And guess what? I've won some money. The majority of that was from making the final table of last Wednesday's $24+2 26k Guaranteed at Full Tilt. After 5 hours of play, I went out in 7th place and made a nice $950. I played my usual super tight ways, but I think I made a few mistakes at the end. With 7 left, I folded AJo from UTG. I'm not sure if this was a huge mistake, but it was the best hand I had seen in 4 orbits. I probably should have just run with, but the table was playing really aggressive. In the end, the Short stack got it all in against the BB, and his KJ won (Board showed AJxxx, so I would have won).

And then a few hands later, it folded to the super aggressive SB and he pushed. I looked down and saw A8s. The SB had a big stack and was playing extremely loose. just in the last few orbits, he had gone to showdown with power house hands such as Q2o and 62s. I decided to call my with my short stack (About an M of 5), and he had AK this time. Oh well, another one of those close calls. First place got over seven grand.

Cash game play has been ok. I'm up about $250 through 2200 hands for the month split between 100NL and 200NL. I'm really close to missing out on Iron Man at Full Tilt for the first time in 18 months, so I'm going to have to play every day this month to get that.

I might try and play the Mookie tonight. I played last week, and I was the Final Table bubble boy. I don't remember how I went out, but it was a suckout, hehe.

**************************

No, this isn't turning into a food blog, but I have to show you this:


I love this time of the year, because I start getting lots of vegetables from my garden. Everything that you see in this picture, except for the hamburger bun and ketchup and cheese, is home grown. The hamburger is from a cow on my in-laws farm. Then we have fried onions, tomatoes (red and yellow), Cucumbers, Sweet Corn, and even the beer (home brewed by yours truly). Looks good, doesn't it. MMMMMmmmmmmmm

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Congrats on the deep run!

Is it possible to eat too much corn on the cob this time of year?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home