Friday, June 20, 2008

Burned Out

I hate to say it, but I think I'm getting a little burned out on 6 max NL Hold 'em. I didn't put in many hands in May, and I've put in even less this month. I looked at my PokerTracker numbers for the month, and I've only put in 2000 hands. I think it has to do with the weather being so nice and me being a little bit more tilty lately. For example, I played the other night, and I was up a quick $350, mainly due to a flopped straight versus top two pair for a 250 BB pot. But 20 minutes later it was all gone and I logged off. Total hands played that session: 250.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do between now and when 6 max gets back to being fun. I played full ring for the first time in a long time last night. I ended up even after about 30 minutes, but the play at 200NL full ring was absolutely terrible. I think I may play around with full ring for a while.

I also am thinking of playing more Omaha. I've always had fun donking it up at Omaha, so maybe I'll give that a few more shots. I'm even considering Sit-n-gos. Not sure what stakes I should play though. What stakes would you recommend to a 200NL player? $30 SNGs? $50?

*************************************

Unfortunately, it looks like WSOP is out for me this year. Trying to plan a trip on short notice without kids is really difficult. I'm thinking of setting aside some of the $10,000 I won to go to the WSOP next year during blogger weekend and entering in one of the $2000 events. Plus, we are still planning on going to Vegas this fall. Also, I've been meaning to get some of these set up. It's about time, to tell you the truth.

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Why not try a little live poker with a fellow poker blogger? Maybe a trip to Diamond Jo? Canterbury Park?

Just a thought :-)

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger jjok said...

can't blame you one bit. That's some serious enough coin to pocket and move on.

Very happy that you won the TOC and got the pass to the main event.......but happy too that you will be able to pocket it.

Also, burnout is kind of expected (yes I'm captain obvious). Look forward to your return and some more hand posts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home