Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ramble On

Howdy there internets. How's it going?


Nothing too exciting going on in the land of the PokerFool. I haven't played many tournaments lately, and I am pretty much break even in the cash games since my last post. Actually, I am still right around even for the whole month.

I guess the most exciting poker news is that I am part of a coaching tree over at bet-the-pot. I'm coaching someone who just moved up to the 100NL games, and a very good regular at the 400NL Full Tilt games is coaching me. I've had one session of each, and I have to say, it has gone really well. We use a combination of Skype and Mikogo to chat over the internet and view each others desktop while one plays.

My coach has given me some really good advice so far in the one session we have had together, and I have started to really open up my game. The first two sessions since, I am running around 24/20 or so, and am up a couple buy-ins. I think I am still running bad, but I am playing some pretty good poker.

I do plan on puting in a decent amount of hands tonight to go along with the Mookie.

Here is a Sweet Hand of the Day for you.

This isn't how you want to play Aces.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

CO: $230.85
BTN: $200
SB: $201
BB: $346.45
Hero (UTG): $254.45

Pre-Flop: 9s Js dealt to Hero (UTG) Hero raises to $7, CO calls $7, 3 folds

Flop: ($17) Ts 8d 9d (2 Players) Hero bets $14, CO calls $14

Turn: ($45) 4s (2 Players) Hero bets $32, CO calls $32

River: ($109) 3s (2 Players) Hero bets $105, CO raises to $177.85 and is All-In, Hero calls $72.85

Results: $464.70 Pot ($3 Rake) CO showed As Ad (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$230.85 NET)
Hero showed 9s Js (a flush, Jack high) and WON $461.70 (+$230.85 NET)

*************************

And the Sour Hand of the Day

Nothing like being 3 handed and getting it all-in PF with KK against both player, one having AA, and the other AK. Seriously, could there be a bigger set-up hand?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players

BTN: $200
SB: $379.05
Hero (BB): $227

Pre-Flop: Ks Kh dealt to Hero (BB)
BTN calls $2, SB raises to $8, Hero raises to $28, BTN raises to $88, SB raises to $379.05 and is All-In, Hero calls $199 and is All-In, BTN calls $112 and is All-In

Flop: ($654) Jc 3c Tc (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($654) 2s (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($654) Jd (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $654 Pot ($1 Rake) BTN showed As Ad (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and WON $599 (+$399 NET)
SB showed Kd Ac (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$227 NET)
Hero showed Ks Kh (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and WON $54 (-$173 NET)

*********************************

I leave you with the best youtube video ever. MISHEARD LYRICS - Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter




See you at the Mook!

Cheers

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home