Monday, March 03, 2008

Lots-O-Poker

Lots of poker this weekend. Played in a home game, got in 2400 hands on the cash tables, and played in tournaments on Sunday night.

The weekend started off with a home game over at OhCaptain's house on Friday night. He had a whopping 26 people throwing in $10 each all cramming in his basement. One exciting thing about this home game, was that my wife played, which was her first ever poker tournament. I was a little worried that she wouldn't have fun, but I actually think she enjoyed herself. It was nice that I was seated at her starting table, along with another person we both know. She even limp/re-raised all-in with pocket Aces! And got called! And flopped a set! Nice hand! But in the end, she busted out around 23rd place or so. her next poker lesson will be that it is ok to raise post flop too.

I didn't fair much better, going out in 21st place or so. No exciting hands for me to report. I got AK once and pushed when I only had 5 BBs. I lost most of my chips pushing with Q9s with 7 BBs and getting called by KQ.

Go on over to OhCaptain's blog for a bigger recap. Good times!

*****************************

Cash games were down, then up for the weekend. Saturday was terrible, but I made most of it back on Sunday. Here is the graph.

Saturday saw two more of my sets go down in flames. i went back and looked at my February database, and from Feb 1st until Saturday, I flopped a total of 52 sets. 11 of those went down in flames. Can you believe that? Flopping sets is where you make the most of your money, and over 20% of mine went down in flames. I'd guess that the average is only 5%. ridiculous.

*****************************

I played in a few tournaments on Sunday night, including the Blogger Big game. I built up my stack by hitting some monster hands. I flopped a set of Kings and doubled up against some unknown crappy player. Won another nice pot with pocket aces and another flopped set versus lucko in a 3-bet pot (He didn't continue after the flop though). I got it all in against Jordan with my KK vs his AA and I flopped another set. I was in the top 10 for a while. Then I got moved to the super donkey agro table. I started at this table with about 19,000 in chips at the 200/400/50 level. Went complete card dead for about 4 orbits, but kept my stack when it was folded to my BB a few times. I was still in the top 10 I think. Then within 12 hands I was out.

- Blinds 300/600/75: I have 17k and raise K9o to 1800. Bone_Daddy pushes for 9.5K and I fold. I almost called because it smelled like a resteal. I would have been right cause he had 98o.
- 2 hands later I have 15k and raise 44 from LP. garthmeister pushed from the SB for 8.5k total. I fold.
- 3 hands later I have 13k and raise TT from EP. garthmeister again pushed from LP for 11k total. I folded (Mistake?)
- 5 hands later with blinds at 400/800/100, and I have 9k. Folds to me in the CO and I raise with K9o. chitwood on the button pushes ( I barely have him covered). I fold. I probably had odds to call this one. meh.
- Next hand I am down to 6k, which is good for an M of 3. I push from MP with T9o. Shabazz Jenkins (who has 8k in his stack), who've I've never heard of before, calls with.......... the powerful 33, and I can't win the coinflip.

That's right folks. I got knocked out of the big game because someone called an all-in with pocket 3's. That's a winning play right there folks!!! <---- sarcasm)

I palyed few more tournaments, including the 50/50's at Full Tilt and Stars. I couldn't get anything going in the full tilt one and lost to a rivered Ace high flush (him holding AKo) to my turned King high flush ( I had KQs). Then the stars one, I limp-reraised all-in from UTG (which is usually a strong play) with TT. I got called by A9o and obviously lost.

I barely cashed for $10 profit in the $24 26k guaranteed. I had about an average stack and 16 total BBs left in my stack. Some idot raise from MP and I push for 16 BBs with AQ. He calls with 88. Flop has two Queens, but he 4-flushes me by the river. Yipee!

*****************************

Here is Today's Sweet Hand of the Day.

Here is a nice min-raise bluff by me against a LAG. I had a note on this guy that he has been caught floating before. So I represented that I had AA and min-4-bet the turn. Pretty nice, huh? I was proud of this one.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

SB: $197
BB: $260.80
Hero (UTG): $203
CO: $183.70
BTN: $250.60

Pre-Flop: 3h 3c dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, SB calls $6, BB folds

Flop: ($16) 9c 6d As (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB calls $11

Turn: ($38) 7s (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $21, SB raises to $45, Hero raises to $69, SB folds

Results: $128 Pot ($3 Rake) Hero mucked 3h 3c and WON $125 (+$62 NET)



And Today's Sour Hand of the Day.

This table was crazy with three mega donks. Two of the agro kind, and one calling station kind. At least 4 people saw every flop, so I decide to limp with my suited connector. I flop a pair plus a gutshot plus a flush draw. The donkey pushes and I call and miss my 17 outs twice. I'm 60/40 there versus an overpair, and he probably does this with any two cards the way he had been playing. I probably could of folded since I didn’t have anything invested in the pot. But I like monster draws.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

BB: $170.05
Hero (UTG): $234.75
MP: $123.65
CO: $35.80
BTN: $197
SB: $208

Pre-Flop: 8d 9d dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero calls $2, MP raises to $4, 3 folds, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($13) Td 9c 6d (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $119.65 and is All-In, BB folds, Hero calls $119.65

Turn: ($252.30) 3c (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($252.30) 5s (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $252.30 Pot ($3 Rake) Hero showed 8d 9d (a pair of Nines) and LOST (-$123.65 NET)
MP showed Ac Ah (a pair of Aces) and WON $249.30 (+$125.65 NET)


Have a good week! Cheers!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Thanks for coming! We'll have to do it again soon. I busted right after you. Thank god for the cash game!

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger smokkee said...

yo fool,

shoot me an email next time you have trouble registering for the bodonkey. i didn't see your comment in time to help you out.

smokkee@cox.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home