Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tournaments Are Fun

You know what? I really enjoy playing in poker tournaments. I'm not really sure why though. I've never had a big score in them. And I know for a fact that I down a lot of money from playing tournaments. But damn, they are fun.

This past Monday turned out to be my big tournament night for the week. And I fired up a lot of them. Probably too many, but that is ok. I played in:

- Full Tilt's $10+2 Daily Double A
- Full Tilt's $10+2 Daily Double B
- PokerStars $50+5, 55k guaranteed
- Full Tilt's $50+5, 50k guaranteed
- Full Tilt's $24+2, 28k guaranteed
- PokerStars $15+1.50
- Monday's at the Hoy ($24+2)
- BoDog $20+2

I cashed in one of them, the Daily Double B for a whopping profit of $10.42. Pretty nice, huh? I got pretty far in a few of them, but just wasn't quite lucky enough. I had a nice stack in the 28k, but KK can't beat AK, and then AK can't beat A6 in back to back hands.

I had the chip lead in the Daily Double B for a while. I was crushing the competition. The money bubble finally burst, and I was still in the top 10. Then this hand happened. I win this, and I have the chip lead again with about 150 people left.



The I got moved to another table 10 minutes later where the very bad chip leader was at. He had twice as much as 2nd place at this point, and he was playing every hand. EVERY single hand. I saw him call all-in's with K6, QJ, etc... My bust out hand went like this. A short stack who had 1/3 of what I had open pushes. I find QQ and push my average chip stack in. Chip Leader donk calls. Short Stack had AA. Chip Leader donk has KJ. Quess who won.

Oh well, one of these days I'll get a tournament win.

******************************

Cash games have been pretty good this past week. I haven't played much, but my quick sessions have been pretty good. I attribute that to being able to actually win a few coin flips. I'm running at about 3 ptBB/100 at the 200NL level, and 7 ptBB/100 at the 100NL, which is pretty respectible.

Here is today's Sweet Hand of the Day.

Villain was running about 33/11 after about 50 hands or so.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players

SB: $162
BB: $151.95
Hero (UTG): $198.35
Button: $63.60

Pre-Flop: 6h 6s dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($15) Kd 6d 5c (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB raises to $30, Hero raises to $80, BB raises to $144.95 and is All-In, Hero calls $64.95

Turn: ($304.90) Qd (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($304.90) 7d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $304.90 Pot ($2 Rake)
BB showed As Ah (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$151.95 NET)
Hero showed 6h 6s (three of a kind, Sixes) and WON $302.90 (+$150.95 NET)

**********************************

Here is the Sour Hand of the Day.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this hand. The SB was a donk, running at 51/16. So I have an overpair on the flop, the SB checks, and the donk BB leads out. I raise, which is pretty standard to do on a donk lead. Then the SB cold calls my 3-bet, and the BB obviously folds. The only draw on the flop is either 76 or JT. The turn is a blank 3, which can't possibly help his hand. Now that I think about it, I probably should just check behind there and keep the pot small. I'm either ahead (with him having anywhere from 5-8 outs), or I am way behind. What do you think? The river bet was so small, I had to call and see what he had.


Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $108.15
BTN: $79.20
SB: $123.50
BB: $35
UTG: $30.05
Hero (MP): $120

Pre-Flop: Js Jc dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($10.50) 4c 8h 9s (3 Players)
SB checks, BB bets $4, Hero raises to $18, SB calls $18, BB folds

Turn: ($50.50) 3c (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero bets $36, SB calls $36

River: ($122.50) Tc (2 Players)
SB bets $15, Hero calls $15

Results: $152.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed 9d 8d (two pair, Nines and Eights) and WON $149.50 (+$77 NET)
Hero mucked Js Jc (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$72.50 NET)

*****************************

Yippe! Lost is on again tonight! I can't wait.

Cheers!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:42 AM , Blogger SimpleStyle said...

In your sour hand, I might be scared of a check-raise on the turn so I would probably check behind. Easy call on the river though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home