Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BOOM then DOOM

Man, what a wild and wacky poker weekend. I was fortunate enough to find a couple mega donks on Saturday morning. One guy was running 90/54 and the other was at 60/8. And they were on the same table. And what was even better, was that the 92/55 guy played two tables and would move around a lot. So I was able to follow him around and take a lot of his money.


Too bad the rest of the weekend was crap. I couldn't win a coin flip to save my life. Throw in a couple coolers, and I only ended the weekend up $200. Yikes. I'll take that kind of downswing any time though.



Yep, that's right. I ended my saturday morning session up $1350. I should have listened to my wife and not play anymore for the weekend, lol.

The sweet hand of the day is the huge spike at hand 650. This was at 200NL, and it is my biggest pot ever. A $1000 pot where I profitted $700! WOW! I'm just gonna post the exact hand history. Seat 2 (Aske6pot) was donk #1 running at 60/8. Seat 5 in the SB was JBPresident, who was MegaDonk #2 running at 90/54. The button was just a regular TAG.


FullTiltPoker Game #5183700962: Table Bardstown (6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:22:16 ET - 2008/02/09
Seat 1: OMGitsPokerFool ($302)
Seat 2: Aske6pot ($803.50)
Seat 3: Peadar110 ($247.15)
Seat 4: Doppelgaenger ($200)
Seat 5: JBPresident ($580.10)
Seat 6: softbatch66 ($80)
JBPresident posts the small blind of $1
softbatch66 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OMGitsPokerFool [Jd Js]
OMGitsPokerFool raises to $7
Aske6pot has 15 seconds left to act
Aske6pot calls $7
Peadar110 folds
Doppelgaenger has 15 seconds left to act
Doppelgaenger raises to $35
JBPresident calls $34
softbatch66 folds
OMGitsPokerFool calls $28
Aske6pot calls $28
*** FLOP *** [3s Jh 8h]
JBPresident has 15 seconds left to act
JBPresident bets $142
OMGitsPokerFool calls $142
Aske6pot has 15 seconds left to act
Aske6pot calls $142
Doppelgaenger raises to $165, and is all in
JBPresident calls $23
OMGitsPokerFool calls $23
Aske6pot calls $23
*** TURN *** [3s Jh 8h] [6h]
JBPresident checks
OMGitsPokerFool bets $102, and is all in
Aske6pot raises to $603.50, and is all in
JBPresident folds
Aske6pot shows [Ah 5h]
Doppelgaenger shows [As Ac]
OMGitsPokerFool shows [Jd Js]
Uncalled bet of $501.50 returned to Aske6pot
*** RIVER *** [3s Jh 8h 6h] [3d]
Aske6pot shows a flush, Ace high
OMGitsPokerFool shows a full house, Jacks full of Threes
OMGitsPokerFool wins the side pot ($204) with a full house, Jacks full of Threes
Doppelgaenger shows two pair, Aces and Threes
OMGitsPokerFool wins the main pot ($799) with a full house, Jacks full of Threes
Doppelgaenger adds $200
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1,006 Main pot $802. Side pot $204. Rake $3
Board: [3s Jh 8h 6h 3d]
Seat 1: OMGitsPokerFool showed [Jd Js] and won ($1,003) with a full house, Jacks full of Threes
Seat 2: Aske6pot showed [Ah 5h] and lost with a flush, Ace high
Seat 3: Peadar110 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Doppelgaenger (button) showed [As Ac] and lost with two pair, Aces and Threes
Seat 5: JBPresident (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 6: softbatch66 (big blind) folded before the Flop

Not too shaby, huh?

I could post a whole lot of Sour Hands of the Day, but I'm gonna skip it for now. The worst one was me flopping top two vs a regular and him having the only hand that I'm worried about, bottom set. Oh well, I'm still doing awesome for the month of February.

*************************************

No Mookie for me tonight as I am heading up to the Cities to see Linkin Park play. This is the one concert me and my buddy Josh have been looking forward to for a long time. We have awesome seats, so it should be a blast.

Cheers!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:46 PM , Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Hmmm... Don't normally play 1/2 online, but my donkey self (at .1/.25 and .25/.5) would say you didn't protect the hand well enough on the heart draw. I would have re raised all in on the flop - and potentially lose out on the third and fourth players (aske6pot & doppelgaenger) to protect the set you flopped. You are clearly in the lead, and there are people potentially drawing to a flush. You only threw all your money in when you were pretty far behind (the other guy made his hand). You got lucky on the river. In this hand, I would have likely gotten all my money in when I was fairly far ahead - especially with the $125 behind on the flop.

I am far from professional, but that's just my thought, for what it's worth.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger PokerFool said...

A Push by me does not price out a flush draw, since there is so much money in the pot already.

He would have to call 244 into a pot that has 528 in it. That is 2.2:1. The odds of hitting a flush draw with two cards to come is 1.9:1.

Add into the fact that he is a donk, and probably knkows nothing about odds. Just that "OMG, I have nut flush draw! CALL!!"

So I wanted the overcalls, and got both of the people left to act to call.

My hand is a 70% favorite vs a flush draw and an overpair. I'll take that for a $1000 pot any day.

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger The Poker Meister said...

Like I was emphasizing - I'm far from that level of $$$ play. Good to hear your thoughts on the hand - don't disagree with the analysis; good to know for the future when I'm in a spot like that.

 
At 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice play. I found the hand is easier to follow like this:

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/2321

You can embed the visual right in your posts so that it's easier to understand.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home