Monday, March 17, 2008

Best Day Ever!!

Well, I obviously didn't win any tournaments on Wednesday night since I didn't post on Thursday. I played a total of 8 tournaments, and cashed in 3 of them (Including the Mookie). They were all baby cashes, with the best one only doubling my buy-in (The Stars $25+2.50). I was either knocked out by Aces (QQ vs AA, AK vs AA, etc...) or my dominating hand got rivered.

I had a decent stack in the Full Tilt 50/50. Then I lost half my stack with AK vs KJ all-in PF to a river jack, and then a half an hour later I lost AT vs KT all-in PF. I cashed in Pokerstars $3 rebuy. We were just in the money and some guy limps from EP. I push my 9 Big Blinds in with ATs and the limper insta-calls with KJo and wins. KJo is an insta-call for 8 big blinds deep in a tournament? That's news to me. I had a real nice stack in that PokerStars $25 tournament. I had about an average stack with about 150 left and lost half of it when I lost 99 vs J8 all-in PF (Dude pushed his J8s all-in with no fold equity after I had already raised PF). Then I busted with K8s vs J9o in a blind vs bond confrontation. Yippee for tournaments, ha!

******************************

Cash game play had been pretty brutal up until yesterday. After about 8000 hands, I was actually down for the month. Saturday I dropped $500, with the biggest hand being 190 BBs deep. I saw a free flop with 73o in the BB and flopped the full house on a 733 two diamond flop. I bet and got called by the donk who was UTG. Turn was an Ace. I bet and got called again. River was the Jack of diamonds. I bet, he raised, and I pushed (thinking he probably hit his flush), and he turned over JJ. Against a player with half a brain, I just call his river raise, but against this idiot, he'd play a flush the same way so I pushed. Uggg

But yesterday was the complete opposite. I had my best day ever, winning just over $1,200!




Here is Today's Sweet Hand of the Day

Button is a Slightly LAG guy running about 23/20 or so. I think he is getting really pissed off at me because I am getting hit in the face with the deck. I've 3-bet a few times the last couple orbits. One or two hands earlier I called his raise with 56s. Flop was 422 with two of my suit. He check/called my bet. Turn was 3 of clubs giving me the straight flush. He called my big turn bet. River was an Ace, and he took up all of his time bank before folding to my river bet. I showed my straight flush.

The BB is a short stack donk, and I'm not worried about what he has. I'm really surprised that the button called my 4-bet shove with 99. Oh well.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players

BB: $58
UTG: $292.75
BTN: $240.80
Hero (SB): $361.15

Pre-Flop: Ks Ah dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, BTN raises to $7, Hero raises to $25, BB calls $23, BTN raises to $76, Hero raises to $361.15 and is All-In, BB calls $33 and is All-In, BTN calls $164.80 and is All-In

Flop: ($539.60) Kc 8s 2h (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($539.60) 3h (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($539.60) Tc (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $539.60 Pot ($2 Rake)
BB showed Qc Ac (Ace King high) and LOST (-$58 NET)
BTN showed 9c 9h (a pair of Nines) and LOST (-$240.80 NET)
Hero showed Ks Ah (a pair of Kings) and WON $537.60 (+$296.80 NET)


**********************

And here is the Sour Hand of the Day.

I'm not really sure what I should have done Pre-flop here with a bet, then a 3-bet before it even gets to me when I have QQ. 4-bet? I decided to just call. Flop is all unders and villain checks behind. Then turn is another low card and I lead out and he calls. I suppose I can be pretty certain that he has JJ, KK or AA here. What do you think?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BTN: $275.30
Hero (SB): $209.25
BB: $280.40
UTG: $96.40
CO: $43.85

Pre-Flop: Qc Qd dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG raises to $7, CO calls $7, BTN raises to $31, Hero calls $30, 3 folds

Flop: ($78) 6d 5h Th (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($78) 2c (2 Players)
Hero bets $45, BTN calls $45

River: ($168) 3h (2 Players)
Hero bets $133.25 and is All-In, BTN calls $133.25

Results: $434.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed Ks Kc (a pair of Kings) and WON $431.50 (+$222.25 NET)
Hero showed Qc Qd (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$209.25 NET)


Cheers!



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Wow! Nice results!

I tried to play a ring game tonight and a $1 Token Frenzy. Finished 32nd in the Token Frenzy - 12 shy of the money, D'oh! And believe it or not, I actually played 57 hands in the .05/.10 NLHE full ring. Dude, after 45 minutes...Bam! I'm up $6.40. SWEET!

I still think with your win...you be buyin the beer!

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger smokkee said...

yo fool, can you email me your Bodog screen name so i can have them look into your registration problems.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home