Friday, February 08, 2008

Results of Interesting 200BB Deep Hand

Thanks to Fuel and Alan a.k.a. RecessRampage for their comments about the AK 200BB Deep hand.

I did in fact push the river, and villain folded. I did get another good comment about this hand over at Bet-the-pot.com, and they said, "Villan made this pretty easy for you to play. I would grow some balls if I was villain and shove the turn and then let you poop your panties."

I knew that I shouldn't have posted a brag post, as I knew the DoomSwitch would be activated, Ha! I lost 3 stacks in a quick session this morning.

  • AK loses to AQ all-in pre-flop for full stacks
  • AJ loses to QJ on J73 rainbow flop
  • KK loses to 32s to a half stack donk. He called big PF raise. Called a Full pot c-bet. I pushed the 3rd spade river for less than pot size (I had the K of spades)
  • Lost to a flopped straight where I had trips.
I didn't tilt though, and still feel really confident about my game.

Now go over and read RecessRampages last post. It will make you a better poker player.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM , Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

This is totally not an insult and hope it does not come out as one however the three hands you described is this how you are supposed to play cash? Call/Jam all in with AK pre? Stack off with top pair and stuff? I am just wondering as it seems there are a lot of styles of play in cash and I am trying to figure out what is profitable.

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger PokerFool said...

I like to play AK fast at 6 max. If I raise with AK and get 3-bet from a regular, I am jamming quite often with AK. I also mix it up and do the same with KK and AA vs regulars (and show) so they know I am capable of doing it with the top 2 hands too.

Check out this post where I have some good links talking about playing AK in 6 max games.

Link

Thanks for stopping by waffles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home