Wednesday, January 16, 2008

December 2007 Results

I figured I better make a review post for December, so here it is. I didn't play that much again. Only 11,000 hands (Which is the same amount that EurekaKid did in one day!!! Yikes!). I'm still having trouble getting motivated to play poker. I guess I am going through a phase were it isn't that fun right now. I'm sick of the bad beats and running bad. If I'm playing, and feel like I may start going on tilt, I log off and frag some fools in Call of Duty 4. I guess that is better than continuing to play on tilt and losing money, right?

When you know what you are doing, and play a lot of hands against donks, you end up getting your money in when you are ahead. If I get my money in when I am ahead nine out of ten times, that means they have nine opportunities to suckout to my one time. Obviously that is how I want it, but it is a mental thing I need to work on. When I am in a big pot and I am a favorite to win, and I do win, I think to myself, "Well, I should have win that anyways". But if I lose I say, "Dammit, I should have won that one!!". Not sure how to solve this problem.

Another bad thing about me not wanting to play much poker right now, is that Full Tilt's Year End bonus is going on right now. I have almost $600 in bonus money that I can clear this month, but I have only gotten through a third of it. That right there should give me motivation, but it's not. I have started to play a lot more Omaha the past week. That is starting to put the fun back into playing poker. And playing Omaha makes me play a lot more focused. Since I don't have PokerTracker Omaha, I have to pay more attention to reads and position, and can't rely on those PA HUD stats I am so used to at Hold 'Em.

Here are my results for December.



In addition to this, I lost about $250 playing MTTs/SNGs, and made $476 in rakeback. So I made about $800 total. Meh.

*********************************

I had to really look hard to find a Sweet Hand of the Day. Here ya go.

First hand at this table. Nice little gift, huh? Pretty sad that this is the best hand I could find for the past week?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

BTN: $241.75
SB: $101.85
Hero (BB): $200
UTG: $111.40
MP: $199.40
CO: $72.45

Pre-Flop: Ah Kc dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP raises to $4, 2 folds, SB calls $3, Hero raises to $18, MP folds, SB raises to $101.85 and is All-In, Hero calls $83.85

Flop: ($207.70) 4c Jd 8s (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($207.70) 4d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($207.70) 6d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $207.70 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed Th Kh (a pair of Fours) and LOST (-$101.85 NET)
Hero showed Ah Kc (a pair of Fours) and WON $204.70 (+$102.85 NET)

**********************

The Sour Hand of the Day.

I played this hand pretty bad. I probably should have continuation bet that flop with my flush draw. But I decided to take the free card in position. I probably should have folded on the turn, but with MP calling that bet also, I thought that I might have some decent implied odds. And then they check to me on the river. I didn't have too many hands on the SB, but he had never check-raised on the river, so I thought it was an ok spot to bluff. His check-raise push is really strange there. Whatever. I'm sure I logged off after this hand and played some COD 4.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $84.90
Hero (BTN): $240.30
SB: $204
BB: $203
UTG: $210
MP: $201.70

Pre-Flop: 5s 7s dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, MP calls $2, CO folds, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $8, BB folds, MP calls $7

Flop: ($29) Jd 2s Ts (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($29) 2c (3 Players)
SB bets $19, MP calls $19, Hero calls $19

River: ($86) 9h (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $60, SB raises to $176 and is All-In, 2 folds

Results: $206 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $203 (+$115 NET)



Cheers!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Blogger jjok said...

ok, minraise with KTsooooted, then reraise allin with it preflop

Seriously, where do you find these folks???


hahaha

As for disney, we stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside resort which is one the disney property. It was about the cheapest place there and the accomodations were not too bad at all.

Easy access to the bus, and the place was very clean.....about all you could ask for.

We had a 7 day pass for 2 adults, 3 kids, and stayed at the resort for 7 nights. We also bought a meal plan for $700.....but that was a unique situation since we knew the character meals would have cost us close to that......otherwise I don't know if I'd recommend it.

Total cost was right at 3K for the meal plan, resort, and park tickets......again meal plan was $700.

We spent most of our time at Magic Kingdom. MGM park and Animal Kingdom were really cool too. Epcot was a little bit over the kids head, but was great at nighttime.

Also, your room key acts as a credit card persay. So when you buy things, you can have them add it to your room bill. Kinda scary but very convenient. We ended up spending about another 850 buying other crap, gratuities, etc.

So in all, I'd say we did it for about 4.5K once you include our gas costs.......

And had a great time.


If any more questions, shoot me an email...... thromdog AT hotmail DOT communication.

Oh, and get me on IM for GAWDS SAKE! haha

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger PokerFool said...

Thanks JJ! Good stuff there. Was the meal plan worth it?

What do you poker folks use for IM? MSN? Yahoo?

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yahoo mostly, I'm hrking275

And if you're moving the Omaha tables, just beware of the variance. Losing/Winning 10-12 buy-in stretches are fairly normal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home