Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vegas Baby! Vegas!!

Heading off to Vegas tomorrow. It will be the first time for the wife and I. We are going with some friends of ours from High School. I'm really excited. We're staying at the Flamingo for three nights only.

Not sure how much poker I'll be able to get it, but I hope to get in at least one decent session in playing 1/2, and possibly 2/5 NL if I do well. I'm only bringing $750 to gamble with from my roll. I know if seems pretty small, but I just don't think I'll get all that much time to play poker. We are planning on going to a couple shows and all that. But, I can sleep when I'm dead, right?

I'm really curious to see how I react to my first real live cash game sessions. Heck, I play 1/2 NL online, and have easily won and lost >$750 in some sessions. And it's nothing to have $1000 sitting on tables at one time playing online. But it is probably a whole other story when you have that cold hard cash sitting in your pocket. Money that you can take and immediately spend on things. I just have to remember to tell myself to play good, solid poker. Don't bluff the calling stations, and don't slow play. Oh, and don't tilt. If I do these things, I should give myself a good shoot at coming out ahead.

Expect a nice big trip report early next week.

**********************************

I still haven't played much online this month. I'm up a couple hundred this week from the hour or two I've played. I did get in one long session on Saturday night. I played my usually round of tournaments ($10 Rebuys, 28k, 50/50, etc...). I only did good in one this time, and it was the PokerStars $10 Rebuy. About 1600 people, and I busted out in 24th place, netting me a $250 or so.

Looking back at my hand history, I can't believe how tight I played. I only was dealt Aces once and Queens twice. i think I rebought a total of three times (Initial rebuy, and one double rebuy). I didn't take the add-on because I had a really nice size stack at the end of the first hour. I won a really big pot in the last hand of the rebuy period with 4 people all-in. I had 99, and was up against AQ, A4, and KK. The river was a 9, giving me a huge 17,000 chip pot.

I busted out with A4s against QJo. I had just below an average stack, but it was still only gave me an M of about 6 or so. I should have just pushed PF and the BB with QJo would have probably folded. Anyway, the flop was KT6 with two of my suit. He led out small, and I pushed. I figured that I had one over and the nut flush draw for 12 outs twice. Little did I know that I was ahead, 70/30. The turn was a blank, and the river was an ace, giving him a straight. If I win that hand, I think it puts me in the top 7 or 8. Oh well. Better luck next time. I am doing really well in these big rebuy tournaments, and will continue to play them. They are a lot of fun.

I also played a lot of cash games that day. The morning I won a little bit, and then in the afternoon I got killed (The highlight being a FullTilt 200NL regular CALLING my 4 bet with KQ, and getting rewarded on the flop). But then at night I went on a nice tear, making me a profit for the day. Here is the graph.


Yikes! Look at that!

Cheers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home