Friday, April 06, 2007

Back into the cash games

Had a decent short session this morning. I think I am playing a lot better at the 6 max tables the last week or so. Here is a list of things that I've done that have really improved my game:

  • I very rarely just limp in now from the SB. Especially if it is folded to me in the SB. I used to just complete the blind a lot with not so great cards, and I would get into trouble. I'm now either raising or folding (Mostly folding). The only time I will complete the SB is if there are other limpers, and I have a good drawing hand (i.e. suited connectors or 1-gappers.
  • No more open limping, especially from Early Position. Sometimes, I got in the habit of open-limping, especially from UTG, with small pocket pairs and Ax suited hands. I am now dumping those Ax suited hands, and raising with the pairs more.
  • Defending your BB in cash games is over rated. Either raise or fold. Calling is bad because you are out of position the rest of the hand. The only hands I'll flat call from the BB are low-mid pocket pairs when I think I have the odds to set mine.
Hopefully none of my opponents read this :)

------------------------------------------------

I had two big hands this morning. The first was pretty straight forward. I got Aces on the button, and there was a raise and a call in front of me. I went ahead and re-raised, and got the BB and the original raiser to call. Flop was Q76 with two clubs. I had the Ace of clubs. Checked to me, and I bet 3/4 pot. Original raiser min-raises and I push the rest of his stack in. He has QJ, and I take it down.

The 2nd was kind of a suckout for me, but the dude never raised me! I have KQ on the button and raise it up after one limper. BB and limper call. Flop comes Queen high with 2 spades. Checked to me, and I bet and the BB calls. Turn is the King of spades, completing the flush draw and giving me top two pair. He checks, and I make a half pot bet. He just calls. River is a beautiful King giving me the nuts. He check/calls the rest of his stack and shows AJ of spades. Nice hand there. Thanks for not raising.

-----------------------------------------------------

I got around to watching the season premiere of The Shield last night. Best show on television right there. I just wish I could watch it in HD. I haven't gotten around to watching Lost or 24 yet. Maybe tonight.

Cheers!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home