Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Back in Black

July ended on a high note for the PokerFool. I had my biggest day in the month, and that got me back into the black in my poker only column. With bonus, I ended up $538! Wow. What a turnaround. In the last ten days, I am up almost $1,200. I've been playing a little bit more at the $200 level, and results are looking pretty good. I'll get another detailed monthly recap post up tomorrow.

Not only did the last day of July put me in the black, it also propelled me above the $11,000 mark for the first time. Hopefully I can reach the next thousand point faster than this last one. Yeech, I passed 10k on June 4th, and didn't pass 11k until July 31.

I am almost done with the Victor Chandler bonus which will net me a cool $500. I'm figuring that should take me another week or two. I am almost halfway done with the Paradise bonus too. I'm not sure where I will go after these two. Party doesn't have a bonus offer going right now. I may go back to BoDog and thier 10% unlimited bonus. I may also play a little more at some of the crypto sites like Will Hill and Sun Poker. There also some fairly easy promotions going on through PokerSource and Pokeravvy that I should hit up. I did the Mansion poker sign up through PokerSavvy, and got a real easy 900 points (which equals $90). I'm thinking August will be a pretty heavy bonus month. My goal is to pass the 13k mark by the end of August. I think I can do it.

I only played for a little while this morning, and it was just one of those days. I lost three big pots to some short stacks. Two of them were river beats. The first I flopped two pair, and dude called me down with top pair crap kicker and hit his kicker on the river. The 2nd, I had top pair and got called down with someone holding the nut flush draw, which of course hit on the river. And then in a 6 max game, I flopped bottom two pair, but villain flopped the nut straight. I probably could have gotten away from that one. Oh well, only down $100 from those hands.

I've had some pretty interesting hands lately that could make a pretty good strategy post. I'll have to start working on that, so look for a good strat post this week.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home