Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I Love Long Weekends

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. I like when holiday's land in the middle of the week. That means I'm guaranteed a long weekend.

I did pretty good on the poker tables over the holiday weekend (more specifically yesterday and this morning). My bankroll hasn't really moved much in the last 3 weeks, so I decided to play a little more at the 100NL level and more 6 max. The results have been good so far. Though, I started to finally get some cards and hit a few sets, so maybe the winnings from the last two days are from that instead of me moving down in limits. I don't know what it is, but I have always crushed the 100NL 6 max games.

My favorite hand from this morning was where I limped in with 76 of spades. About 5 people saw a flop of Jh, 4s, 5s. So I have an open ended straight flush draw. I lead out 3/4 pot and get called by 3 people! The turn is the 2d. I check this time, as does everyone else. The river is the 3h, so I have the nuts. I bet about half pot and some dude raises all-in. I obviously called and he showed 68 for a smaller straight.

I got to play a few MTTs on Sunday night. The first one I played in was the Paradise $10 rebuy. I didn't have to rebuy and tripled up with a wheel (Ace to 5 straight) with A2. No other double ups for me, and i was sitting just below average after the add-on. About a half an hour in, I got knocked out by the table big stack when he rivered me. A whole lot of people saw a flop of K, 3, 6 rainbow. I bet with KQ, the big stack raises, and I re-raise all-in. He calls and shows KJ. The river was a Jack to send me packing.

I also played in a Party $30 MTT. I got knocked out in that one with me holding AK and villain holding KJ. Jack on the flop sends me home.

And then the worst one was pretty deep in a Stars $20 180 person SNG. It was down to the final 3 tables, and I was sitting pretty in 7th place. I get pocket Kings. UTG bets 3x BB. I raise with my Kings to triple his bet (which was just over a third of my stack). The button, who has me covered flat calls! Warning bells should have been going off in my head when he did that. Original bettor folds, and the flop is all low cards. I bet and of course big stack re-raises me all-in. There was already so many chips in the middle, I felt that I had to call. I should have known he had aces. The flat call PF should have told me to not put in another dime in the pot.

This one really pissed me off, because I was poised to make a final table run in one of these again. At least I got a little redemption about 10 minutes later when I stacked a guy on a 200NL table with Aces when he had Kings for a nice $400 pot.

I'm going to post my June results in the next couple days. Unfortunately, June wasn't as good as April and May. But I still made money, so I can't really complain about that.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home