Friday, December 19, 2008

My Weekly Post

Man, I suck at posting regularly. I usually come across a few interesting hands every day, but I'm too lazy to type up a post. I'm not really sure if anyone reads my posts anyways. Anyone out there that plays cash games near my limits?

Anyways, I'm still running pretty good. I haven't played as much this month as in November, but I'm making some good money. I'm playing a little bit more at 400NL, especially when there are fish out there. I also transferred some money over to the Cake network, so I am occasionally playing 200NL there too. My 3rd hand ever at Cake, and I made a Royal Flush. And some dude called my river bet! Board had the As, Ks, Js and Ts, with me holding the Qs, and he called my river bet. Ha!

Here is my monthly graph so far. What is nice about this graph, is that I am running slightly below EV for the month!


I played tournaments on Wednesday night, including the Mookie and the PS Blogger Omaha HiLo tournament. I ran my AK into AA to go out about 22nd in the Mook. But I did good in the Omaha game, and finished in 12th. Just 3 places away from a gold prize package worth about $450.

I also did pretty good in both the FT and PS 50/50 MTTs, but unfortunately busted out just before the money in both. I had a really nice stack in the PokerStars MTT, but I lost two coinflips within 10 hands, and went out short of the money bubble. The first was my AK losing to JJ, and then my QQ lost to AK. You gotta be able to win with AK and beat AK in order to make it deep in MTTs I guess. No complaints though, since I crushed the cash games while playing tournaments that night.

I'll try and find some interesting hands.

I've been experimenting with flat calling with AK in position, and have had some positive results. Villain was an aggressive regular.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

BTN: $478.40
SB: $372.80
BB: $198
UTG: $312.15
Hero (MP): $424.95
CO: $156.50

Pre-Flop: Ad Kh dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG raises to $7, Hero calls $7, 4 folds

Flop: ($17) Ac 7h 5h (2 Players)
UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12

Turn: ($41) Ks (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $28, UTG calls $28

River: ($97) Kc (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $90, UTG calls $90

Results: $277 Pot ($3 Rake)
UTG mucked Qs Ah (two pair, Aces and Kings) and LOST (-$137 NET)
Hero showed Ad Kh (a full house, Kings full of Aces) and WON $274 (+$137 NET)

Here is a nice standard pot against an aggressive player, but it sure is nice to get paid off when you hit your set. I'm not exactly sure if I made the right play on the flop and turn, but the button is super aggressive, and pretty spewy, so I wanted to drag him along for the ride. What do you think?

Since I don't have too many hands at 400NL, this is one of my biggest pots ever.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

Hero (SB): $400
BB: $612
UTG: $666.50
MP: $140.70
CO: $447.60
BTN: $400.70

Pre-Flop: 7s 7d dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG raises to $14, 2 folds, BTN calls $14, Hero calls $12, BB folds

Flop: ($46) Qh 6d 7c (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $32, BTN calls $32, Hero calls $32

Turn: ($142) Jc (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $90, BTN folds, Hero raises to $196, UTG raises to $620.50 and is All-In, Hero calls $158 and is All-In

River: ($850) Th (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $850 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed 7s 7d (three of a kind, Sevens) and WON $847 (+$447 NET)
UTG showed Ks Kh (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$400 NET)

Cheers!!

3 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Blogger SimpleStyle said...

I'd probably check-raise the flop with the set of 7s, for several reasons:

- UTG isn't barreling the turn in a 3-way pot and by cr'ing you avoid missing value on a turn that gets checked through
- when action gets back around to the button he can commit his chips on the flop whereas he might release on the turn
- i had something else but i forget

basically, ship it in on the flop.

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

hey Fool.

I don't use Windows Live messenger -- i dont even know what that is in fact. I am on AOL and Yahoo msgr, do you have an account on either? Otherwise, can you give me your email addy, I will send you an email and we can work out the deets.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Fool,

FYI Windows Live msgr says there is no such account as "pokerfool" on their network. i added pokerfool at yahoo, but i suspect this is not you.

I am sandlerm on yahoo msgr -- if you can hit me on the IM, please feel free.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home