Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Full House And A Royal Flush

A Full House is three of a kind and a pair, right? Well, in April of next year, my own home will be a Full House: Three Kids and Two Parents. My wife and I will officially be outnumbered, as Child #3 will be making an appearance some time around the end of April. Yikes!

We told the kids a couple weekends back and they both are really excited to have a new baby brother or sister. Of course, they are always arguing over what it will be. It's kind of cute actually. I wonder what they will really think when the baby arrives, since one of them is going to have to share a room, haha.

****************************

I'm not sure if this is my first Royal Flush, but I think it is the first where I actually made some money off of it. Villain was an agro donk, and I pushed on the flop with my nut flush draw, and gutshot Royal draw. River was the beautiful ten of hearts. Woot

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players

Hero (UTG): $213.35
CO: $147
BTN: $159.30
BB: $56

Pre-Flop: Jh Ah dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $6, CO folds, BTN calls $6, BB calls $4

Flop: ($18) Kh 2s Qh (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $14, BTN raises to $28, BB folds, Hero raises to $207.35 and is All-In, BTN calls $125.30 and is All-In

Turn: ($324.60) Qs (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($324.60) Th (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $324.60 Pot ($2 Rake) Hero showed Jh Ah (a Royal Flush) and WON $322.60 (+$163.30 NET)
BTN showed Ad Kc (two pair, Kings and Queens) and LOST (-$159.30 NET)

*******************************
So far this month, it has been really up and down. I don't think I am playing my best poker right now. I need to get back to being patient. I've ramped up the aggression a lot this month. The games are getting really agro lately, and I have been 4-betting a lot more (and it has actually worked most of the time). When you get more aggressive, variance also becomes a lot higher, as you can see from my monthly graph.


I plan on playing in tonight's FTOPS event, which is a turbo NL event. It should be fun!

Cheers!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Awesome news on the Full House! Your Mrs. beat you to the punch :-)

We are really excited for you guys. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Don't forget...Bourbonators is Friday night...interested?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home