Friday, September 19, 2008

Ummmm, What's Happening?

Thinking up titles to these blog posts is getting harder and harder every time.

Not too much happening in the world of the PokerFool. I've played a little bit lately, and have been doing pretty good. I played tournaments and cash games Wednesday night and did well in the cash games winning around $700 in 800 hands. Tournaments were another matter, and I only cashed in one out of the seven I played. I finished around 60th place in the Full Tilt 50/50. The beats in those tournaments were crazy. It didn't matter if I was ahead 80/20 or if it was close to a flip, I lost. I had people calling raises with Q3s and hitting runner runner flush. I'd flop two pair or better, and my opponent would go runner runner straight. It was unbelievable. But I can't complain much, as I think I am playing some good poker.

Here is a nice cash game hand from Wednesday night.

Full Tilt Poker Game #8120292069: Table godorichamp (6) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:20:58 ET - 2008/09/18
Seat 1: OMGitsPokerFool ($200)
Seat 2: Moose88a ($36.65)
Seat 4: canyoufeelit ($236.60)
Seat 5: crehate ($211.60)
Seat 6: Sleekest ($200)
Sleekest posts the small blind of $1
OMGitsPokerFool posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OMGitsPokerFool [5d] [5c]
Moose88a folds
canyoufeelit calls $2
crehate folds
Sleekest adds $1
Sleekest folds
OMGitsPokerFool checks
*** FLOP *** [9h] [3d] [2d]
OMGitsPokerFool checks
canyoufeelit checks
*** TURN *** [9h] [3d] [2d] [5h]
OMGitsPokerFool bets $4
canyoufeelit calls $4
*** RIVER *** [9h] [3d] [2d] [5h] [3s]
OMGitsPokerFool bets $194, and is all in
canyoufeelit has 15 seconds left to act
canyoufeelit has requested TIME
canyoufeelit calls $194
*** SHOW DOWN ***
OMGitsPokerFool shows [5d] [5c] a full house, Fives full of Threes
canyoufeelit mucks
OMGitsPokerFool wins the pot ($398) with a full house, Fives full of Threes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $401 | Rake $3
Board: [9h 3d 2d 5h 3s]
Seat 1: OMGitsPokerFool (big blind) showed [5d 5c] and won ($398) with a full house, Fives full of Threes
Seat 2: Moose88a didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: canyoufeelit mucked [2c] [2s] - a full house, Twos full of Threes
Seat 5: crehate (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Sleekest (small blind) folded before the Flop

This guy was a calling station donk, and I knew he'd call with for sure a 3, and even a 9. I didn't put him on 22, that is for sure. I figure, that if there is a 10% chance he'll call a $200 bet, I make $20. If he calls a pot size bet ($13) 25% of the time, I make only $4.25. Makes sense to try the 'ole overbet for value play.

********************************************

In other news, the wife and I are planning a trip out to New York City October 10th - 14th. I'm looking forward to it, since I have never been to NYC. My wife has a friend who is there for work, so we are going to stay with her in a hotel right near Madison Square Garden (And on the dime of a former employer of mine, woot!)

I also have a cousin who lives very near there. My cousin and her husband do some really interesting work, so I'm interested to see how they live out there. My cousin is a "Food Designer". Basically, she sets up food displays so that pictures can be taken of it to put in Women magazines Like Oprah and Good Housekeeping. And then she and her husband also have there own wallpaper business and supply wallpaper to a couple of the nice hotels in NYC. He also used to be the guy who designed all the window displays at FAO Schwartz. Cool!

Anyone out there in poker land live in Manhattan?

***********************************

Around this time three years ago, I started this here blog. So Happy 3rd Blogiversary to me. If you look down at the bottom of this page, you'll see that I have 15,367 Unique Daily visitors. LOL, that's only about 14 hits a day. I think some of you out there get 15,000 hits in one day! Of course, I have no idea how all that stuff works, and if it takes into account google reader visitors or not.

But anyways, thanks to my 14 readers out there. Hopefully I'm still writing three years from now.

Cheers!

8 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on 3 years. Have a great weekend.

 
At 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read whenever you post. Congratulations on 3 years.

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Fuel55 said...

Presto gold on your anniversary - perfect ...

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger PokerFool said...

Thanks Folks!

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Congrats on 3 years!

Have fun in NYC. I've never heard this site before.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger TripJax said...

grats on #3. looking forward to reading through #4.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger jjok said...

grats on 3!

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger lj said...

<--- lives in manhattan

sounds like you've got a lot of locals to guide you, but if you want any restaurant/bar/city tips shoot me an email. princeharibo@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home