Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mook Day!

Yesterday was Wednesday, so that means Mook Day! I had a fairly decent, break even night playing MTTs. I played in 8, and I cashed in 3 of them. I made the final table in the Mookie, but went out in 9th when my 99 couldn't win the flip over AK.

I also cashed in the PokerStars $10 rebuy (duh!) and finished around 100th place. I got crippled when someone thought that J6s was a good hand to 3-bet push with ZERO fold equity. I had A6s, and of course a Jack comes on the flop. I seriously don't understand moves like that. When I get odds to call with any two cards, I'M GOING TO CALL WITH ANY TWO CARDS! J6s is going to behind 100% of my range there.

I also finished deep in the Full Tilt 50/50. I ended up bowing out in 19th place. I was crippled a few hands right before I busted when I finally saw a big pocket pair (TT) and was up against JJ.

Cash games were nice, but I basically won back what I lost on Tuesday night, lol.

One thing I noticed about my play between last night and Tuesday night, was that I didn't tilt at all Wednesday. Tuesday I did, and I think I figured out why. I was listening to music while playing last night. It had a really good effect on my play. I was in a zone, humming along to the tunes and everything was good. I will definitely have to fire up the itunes when playing from now on.

Since I've been a little lazy with the poker playing lately, I checked to see the status of my iron man promotion, and found out that I cannot qualify for any of the iron mans this month. Oops. I had been iron man for a good 18 months in a row until now. Oh well, not that big of a deal really. I'll maybe lose out on about $50 worth of FPP points.

******************************

Speaking of music, I've been listening to a new band called Paramore a lot lately. For some reason, I've been really digging the rock bands with chick lead singers. They have a lot of really good, catchy tunes on their "Riot!" album.





If you like modern rock like Linkin Park, Seether, etc... you should check them out.

**********************************

Tonight is the premiere of Grey's Anatomy, and my wife is huge fan of the show so she invited a whole bunch of her girlfriends over to watch.

*sigh* I'm sure I'll be getting requests from the girls to bring out the Wii Fit and demonstrate Wii Fit Hula Hooping for them afterwards. I'll let you know how much I make in tips.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

At 8:20 PM , Blogger Thad said...

If you like good rock with girl lead singers, check out Flyleaf. Good stuff. This is Thad311 from the KFAN Rube Chat.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger smokkee said...

linkin park is tha shizz but paramore sounds like they duped avril lavigne.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger PokerFool said...

Thanks for stopping by guys.

I'll have to check out flyleaf. I think I have actually heard of them.

I think Paramore are a little more rocking than Avril. I haven't listened much to Avril, but her popular songs I think are still pretty good. I think I'd compare Paramore a little more closely to Evanescence.

 
At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon you should make a video of you doing the Hula Hooping on the Wii!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home