Monday, September 29, 2008

Fantasy Football Blahs

Usually I'm really into Fantasy Football. I think that has a lot to do with me always having a good team and at the top of the leader board at the end of the year. This year, it's different. And I can blame Tom Brady for that.

I'm in two leagues this year. In the 8 person league (a league that also gives points per reception), I had the 8th pick in the draft. I went with Tom Brady. We all know how that one is working out. And because of that injury, it also screwed up my other league. This one is a 10 person league, and I had the 9th overall pick, and I grabbed Randy Moss. Moss is turning into the bust of the year.

When both of your first round players on your fantasy team are busts, it's hard to win the league.

***************************

I played a decent amount of poker this weekend, getting in around 1500 hands. I pulled in a nice $600 profit. Not too many interesting hands to report.

I did change my Full Tilt layout though. I downloaded some custom cards and backgrounds, and I it makes it a lot easier to follow the action, especially when you multi-table. And it's pretty! Check it out.


***************************

I don't say much about politics here, but damn, McCain picking Palin as his running mate sure is turning into a train wreck. I think I may actually watch the VP debate on Thursday just to see what she says. Just think how much different the presidential race would be right now if McCain had chosen Minnesota's own Tim Pawlenty.

And just for the record, I'm still undecided. But I can say, that if Jesse Ventura was running, I'd vote for him.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

I actually think Pawlenty would have been a better choice. Jesse...could you imagine him in the debates...actually answering the questions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home