Tuesday, April 22, 2008

We're Going to...

Disney World!

We've been talking about planning a nice family vacation for this spring for quite a while. This past weekend, we finally decided to pull the trigger on a Walt Disney World vacation! For next week! Nothing like planning a week long vacation on short notice, huh?

And we're paying for it with poker profits. So Thank You poker!

We're all pretty excited. My Daughter is 5, and my Son is 2 and a half, so I think they both will have a lot of fun. We're planning on spending a few days at Cocoa Beach, and then spending 4 days at Disney World. It should be a lot of fun. I was at Disney World when I was a kid 20 years ago. And then 3 years ago, we went for one day while I was sent down to Florida for work. If anyone has any hints or tips for Disney World, please let me know.

**********************

I'm still running pretty good at the tables. I won another couple buy-ins this weekend.



After starting the month on a 12 buy-in downswing, I am now on a 18 buy-in upswing. Plus, I am still down in expected value! My stats have been really weird the last couple weeks during this upswing. I've been 3-betting less and flat calling more pre-flop. But I'm not really sure if I can pinpoint that as being key to my turn around. I think playing only 4 tables at once has something to do with it. I've gotten some pretty good reads on some of the regulars, and I've actually made some pretty good bluffs with those reads. Another strange thing with this upswing, is that I am way below average for flopping sets. I'd expect a big winning streak to co-incide with lots of sets, but that just isn't the case. Very very odd.

I can also safely say now that I am totally comfortable with the stakes I am playing at. I don't think I can ever move back down to 100NL now (Unless of course I go on a massive massive downswing). 100NL seems like pocket change to me now. Is that bad?

Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

Have fun at Disney World! Should be fun for all!

BTW - You first picture didn't work. Shows up as a red X for me.

I'm about to give up the idea that I could ever play cash games. I'm pretty frustrated at the moment with them. Thankfully, I can still fall back on the SNGs to put things right in the bankroll, just been really frustrating to be flat. What I lose in the cash games, I win back in the tournaments. Ugg.

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger cmitch said...

I live in Orlando. I don't have any hints or tips for WDW, but if your are looking for anything specific (restaurants, some cheaper things to do a couple of days, where to stay in Cocoa, etc, etc) shoot me an email.

My kids are almost the exact same age as yours - 6 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old son.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home