Thursday, December 29, 2005

I'm back

I finally finished transferring all of my old posts at www.bet-the-pot.com over to here. If you haven't read any of my old posts yet, go back and start at the beginning.

December hasn't been the greatest poker month. I will have my December results up soon. My bad run at the end of November continued most of December. I was doing awesome at SNGs, but during my bad streak, I couldn't do anything right. Around Dec 20th or so, I was down probably around $300 from poker playing. I've actually moved down in limits some. I am not playing that many $15 and $20 SNGs anymore. I've gone back to the $6 Turbos, and $5 & $10 regular SNGs. The bonuses I have received have been more than that, so my bankroll is still growing. Just not that much.

So the weekend before Christmas, I said to myself, that if I didn't do good in my next set of SNGs, I was going to take a poker break for a couple days, re-read Harrington on Hold 'em, and then, maybe my bad run of cards would be over. Well that night, while feeding my son, I played in three SNGs, and took 1st in one, and 2nd in the other two!

Since then, I have had 4 or 5 days in a row where I have made money! I'm still down around $150 playing poker for the month, but I am finally going in the right direction.

I am really close to clearing the $100 bonus at Stars, and am almost done with another $100 bonus at Party Poker. By the time I complete those, my bonus money for the month of December will easily be over $500!

And to top all this off, I hit my first Royal Flush this morning! And I got some money out the dude who in the pot against me! It was folded around to me in middle position (Party Poker NL $25), and I had [Js] [Ts] and I raised it up and got one caller. The [As] and the [Qs ]came on the flop. I bet half pot, he called. Turn was a blank. I bet half pot again, and he called. River was the beautiful [Ks]. I bet half pot again, and he called! So I even got to showdown my Royal!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home