Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ahhhhh, Poker

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I'm going through one of those stretches where I don't feel like playing too much poker. And with that comes me not having much to say in this here poker blog.

BUT..... I think I am out of my funk. I wouldn't really call it a downswing though. I'm actually up a few bucks this month. Most of that has come from winning a bunch of FTOPS satellites. I have almost $700 in T Dollars right now. I won a $24 FTOPS Main event satellite and one other $300 satellite. Those things were really soft. And quite fun. I'm going to have start playing in more of them.

The cash games have been up and down. I started the month off with a nice little streak. But the next week and a half kind of sucked. I even played some 400NL when the games were really good. I would have had another $1,000 day if it wasn't for my Aces getting cracked by Kings in a $900 pot. We got it all-in on the Ten high flop and he turned a King. I'm pretty sure that was my biggest losing pot ever. It didn't hurt too bad though since 30 minutes earlier some donk gave me their $400 stack with K4 against my AA in a 3-bet pot, lol.

I played short session this morning and won $350 and I felt really really good. So I think I'll be putting Call of Duty back on the shelf and play some more poker instead for the rest of the month.

**************************************************

I installed PokerTracker 3 last night and played around with it for the first time. I have mixed feelings about it right now. The only positive I have seen so far is having Pre-flop 3-bet stats. Other than that, this thing is a HUGE resource hog. And there are some really annoying things I have noticed. For example, I can't figure out how to get a table to show up on my screen when it has been minimized. In PT2 and PAHud, you would have to double click the table in PAHud. I don't know how to do it in PT3. SUPER ANNOYING! I don't know, maybe there is an option in there somewhere about minimizing tables?

Another is filtering stats. I was updating my excel spreadsheet today, and it is a lot more button clicks to have one day show up in the stats window. In PT2 there was a Preferences tab, but not in PT3.

Table averages seem to be screwed up. In PT2/PAHud, I had VP$IP, PFR%, and Average pot showing up. But I can't find a stat for average pot in PT3.

I also like having a list up of all the tables I have open and their respective Table Averages. Then I can sort by VP$IP and get on the juicy tables. But I don't see this anywhere in PT3 (Though I haven't tried out the table selector in PT3, so maybe it is in there).

So is all that crap worth it to have 3-bet stats? Ehhh, I don't know yet.

*********************************************

I played in the Mookie last week, but busted out fairly early. I had 7 other MTTs going on at the time, and I think that is just a little too many (Ya think?) Anyways, there was a hand that I was involved in and another blogger felt that that play was so bad that he had to both berate me in the chat and on his blog.

I was dealt 99 in mid position with about 1500 in my stack (25/50 blinds). The blogger raises it from EP to 150. He had been really active so far, so I decided to 3-bet to 500 with my nines. But then the unknown and tight SB comes alive and basically min-4-bets to 1100. Hmm, I wonder what he has. Sure, I put in 1/3 of my stack PF, and would be getting 2:1 on my money, but I decided to fold and play on with my 20 BBs I had left instead of hoping it was a coinflip. Blogger thought that was really bad and berated me. I posted a question to the poker forum I frequent and everyone said that going with my read and folding was fine. Though they did say that I should have raised less (like to 400) Pre-Flop instead of 500. I agree with that.

(Edit: I found out that SB had KK)

***************************************

American Idol Final is tonight. I think I am going to puke if David Archuleta wins. Everyone in my house does not like him. I'm a David Cook Fan, my wife really just notices Archie's annoyingly loud breathing, and my daughter was a huge Jason Castro fan, so she isn't interested anymore.

I think it is a given that Cook will be the star in the future from this season. I see him being as popular as Chris Daughtry. The only way Archuleta becomes popular is if he gets on the Disney channel and sells records to the Hannah Montana/High School Musical crowd. There is no way that someone over the age of 21 buys a David Archuleta album.


***************************************

Oh Crap, I almost forgot. I turned in all of my Full Tilt Frequent Player points for a 32GB iPod touch. This thing is totally awesome. It's a laptop that fits in your pocket. Now if only I could play poker on this thing.......

Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM , Blogger OhCaptain said...

I'll be interested in hearing about your experiences so far with Poker Tracker 3. Did you buy it or are you just trying it? As a mostly tournament player (but a positive cash game player in May :-p) I had to contact PT support to find out how to get my tournament results from 2 to 3. Apparently, that functionality only exists in the paid version. Bastages.

Live poker FRIDAY!!!

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Baywolfe said...

I agree, PT3 is even less user friendly than PT2. I may just stick with what I got, especially since there doesn't seem to be much of a financial incentive to upgrade.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home