Monday, February 04, 2008

Pocket 6's is the nuts

That was a pretty exciting Superbowl yesterday. At the beginning of the game, I really didn't care who won. I was just hoping for a good, close game. I wouldn't have minded New England winning because I've always been a Randy Moss fan, and it would have been nice to see him with a ring. And I also wouldn't have minded New York winning because then us Vikings fans could say that our team destoyed the Super Bowl champs. But as I was watching the game, I started rooting more for the Giants. I guess I just like rooting for the underdog. I've got a pretty short attention span, and I very rarely can watch a whole football game from beginning to end without either doing something else, or flipping constantly between shows. But the game yesterday was good from beginning to end, so it was an easy one to get into.

Poker was pretty good this weekend. I'm up a decent amount so far this month. I made just over $800 on Sunday, so that was really nice. I've even ran into quite a few coolers too, but I'm still up, so I can't complain. Three of my sets this month have gone down in flames. One to set-over-set, and the other two to straights. WTF?


Like I said a few posts ago, I was going to try and play some more cash game hands over at PokerStars. I did that, but I don't think I'll be putting in too many more hands there. It is just more difficult to find the fish and stay away from the regulars without being able to datamine. Add into that the 27% rakeback, and I think it makes the decision easier to make.

************************************

Here is Today's Sweet Hand of the Day

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $318.95
BTN: $218.60
SB: $97.85
BB: $80
Hero (UTG): $275.20
MP: $89.95

Pre-Flop: Qc Qh dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BTN calls $7, SB folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($22) Qs 7c 5c (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $16, BTN calls $16, BB folds

Turn: ($54) 8d (2 Players)
Hero bets $41, BTN raises to $82, Hero raises to $252.20 and is All-In, BTN calls $113.60 and is All-In

River: ($445.20) 6d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $445.20 Pot ($3 Rake)
BTN showed Ks Kd (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$218.60 NET)
Hero showed Qc Qh (three of a kind, Queens) and WON $442.20 (+$223.60 NET)

************************************

And the Sour Hand of the Day

This happened last wednesday night. SB was the fish at the table. The BB is a regular 2+2 LAG (Loose Aggressive) player with stats around 26/22 or so. I knew that he could be squeezing really light, especially with the fish between us. Not sure what the heck he is doing with AJ there. Does he think I am going to fold after 4-betting? His play is so terrible, but of course he gets rewarded by winning the 72/28. I'm pretty sure this is my biggest losing pot ever. If I win this hand, I have my first ever $1000 day. Boooooo

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $160.25
Hero (BTN): $618.60
SB: $198.20
BB: $281.45
UTG: $29.75
MP: $324

Pre-Flop: Qd Qh dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, Hero raises to $7, SB calls $6, BB raises to $28, Hero raises to $90, SB folds, BB raises to $281.45 and is All-In, Hero calls $191.45

Flop: ($569.90) Td 4c 2h (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($569.90) 5d (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($569.90) 3c (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $569.90 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed Qd Qh (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$281.45 NET)
BB showed Ah Js (a straight, Five high) and WON $566.90 (+$285.45 NET)

*******************************

I also have to mention one other hand played last Wednesday. In this hand, I witnessed one of the worst poker plays I have ever seen (and of course they got rewarded). It was at the final table of a FTOPS #1 sattelite. Top 4 got $215 seats, and there were 9 left. I had just below average chip stack, with about 12 Big Blinds or so (but only about an M of 5.5). I find AK in early poistion, and I push. I don't like to mess around with AK with an M that low. I like to see zero cards or all five cards. I get called by a bigger stack in late position. The SB also calls. I had the SB just barely covered. The Late Position guy had KJ. The SB had 66. So that means that the SB calls off his whole stack (about 10 BBs worth) after two people have already gone all-in with 66. Obvisouly a 6 came on the flop and he tripled up. And then to rub it in even more, he knocked me out on the next hand with my QQ <>

So that's the kind of poeple that will be playing in FTOPS #1? I am seriously considering buying directly into FTOPS #1 on wednesday night. I'm due for a nice tournament score, so mayeb it can happen on Wednesday.

Coming up tomorrow, I'll review January.

Cheers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home